Monday, August 11, 2008

Well...


In progress: Imari, Sugarbowl, Antique Jar

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

A couple of weeks ago I did up initial drawings for some really complicated paintings, for which I'm now doing the underpaintings...

Like this one: A small Imari bowl, and a highly patterned sugarbowl... AND an antique glass jar, unevenly refracting and distorting both of them. All in 6x6 inches.

forcryingoutloud...

I'm sure they'll end up being perfectly nice paintings that I'll like just fine, but they're going to be a lot of work. What was I thinking???

Next I should just paint a simple apple, or something...

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I've just started a single waterlily...

surrounded by a zillion waterlily leaves, all with purple random stripes (but oriented radiating out from the stem) and pock-marked with bug-holes... aurghhh too!
Hopefully it will be worth it when finished.

Jeff Hayes said...

In all seriousness, I'm always happiest when the really challenging paintings work out in the end.

-J