Sunday, August 24, 2008

Racing... very carefully...


In progress: Chocolate and Foil

I've been really negligent about sending my "monthly" newsletter, and this month I've vowed that wouldn't be the case. Yes, it's already the 24th. Anyway, I've decided it's GOING to get sent tonight, no matter what the hour. I did want to have a couple of larger pieces available, hence the effort to get this one and the previous sushi painting completed. It will be tight, but it should be possible to finish this by the end of the day. I'm rushing... as cautiously and deliberately as I can.

When working in the studio, I usually listen to podcasts or to audiobooks from Librivox. I love the Librivox concept, and can't say enough good things about it. Yesterday and today I've been listening to Ben Franklin's Autobiography. He's sort of a patron saint to me; I read the text version years ago, but it's great to hear the audio version again.

If nothing else, his encouragement of constant industry makes me feel better about working all weekend   :)

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh no! now that you've made it chocolate coloured, I just want to reach in and eat it! I have no self-restraint when it comes to Toblerone! I feel a post coming on!

Jeff Hayes said...

AH! Wait till it's dry! :)

Kathy Hodge said...

Thanks for the Librivox link, I usually listen to NPR, but that can get repetitious when, like you, I work all weekend. Glad to know someone else is "rushing, but carefully". I know the feeling!

I. said...

Yum! This looks tempting. Congrats on your new blog!

Cara Dawn Romero said...

Jeff- Thanks for the news letter, I enjoyed it. ALso, thanks for the tip on Librivox..now if only I could learn to use my iPod I'd have it made.

Jeff Hayes said...

Thanks Kathy, I, and Cara. Much as i love my iPod, I've actually stopped using it much. Since I have a PC in my studio, I just use it and iTunes for listening.